Wednesday, October 27, 2010

sweating in October

First of all, I am pleased to report that I have successfully detected and expelled the stink. I am equally pleased to report that it was the result of excessive cleaning. Cleaning, as I always say, is lethal. Because of the many unsavory "accidents" (or "on purposes", as the case may be) that occur in my day: hairballs, food spillage, drink dumpage, potty oopsies, or dog nastiness, my Spot Bot gets a daily work out. My rugs were being shampooed so frequently that the rug pad beneath was not getting a chance to dry out. Thus, the moldy sock smell. I have banished the rugs to the garage and am considering keeping them there until my children are old enough to appreciate them.

Although, now may be the perfect time to bring the rugs out of time-out, since right now my house is so stinking hot that I'm afraid my fish tank might start boiling. Trying to conserve energy, I shut the heating and cooling off in the house, figuring the mild fall temperatures would be sufficient for our comfort. It was 87 degrees today. I have the fans blowing, the windows open, and am considering a cold shower.

Morgan was running a fever today. I could read in her eyes the questions, "Why? Why can't we have air conditioning? Can't you see I'm suffering?" I gave her some Ibu Profen and told her this is what Southern girls live with.

I don't know how much longer I can pretend to be a Southern girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment