Monday, November 8, 2010

A Good Bath

I think the best part of having kids is that the most unexpected things happen. For example, dunking your daughter in the toilet. It just happens. While multi-tasking is certainly a gift, there is a maximum amount of tasks that can be up-loaded on the brain. One morning, I asked Willie if he would like to join Halle and me in taking a multi-vitamin. In the middle of making breakfast, dodging the toe-eating kitten, and attending to two pre-breakfast starvation victims, I downed all three vitamins. Willie looked at me in shock. “What happened to my vitamin?” Equally surprised, I said, “Hopefully helping memory function.”

This evening, I was running the bath water when Halle told me that she had NOT had a potty accident. That means exactly what you think it means. “Where is it?” I asked. “Oh, I didn’t have an accident, but it’s somewhere downstairs.” I peeled her clothes off and lifted her to set her on the potty, while simultaneously watching Morgan to make sure that she was not going to climb into the tub. Halle missed the rim.

One can never underestimate the power of a good bath. It not only covers your own mistakes, but those of your mother as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment