Saturday, February 16, 2013

Big Changes

Since I last wrote, Willie has retired from the Army and we're having another baby. So yeah, we've been busy. We're having another girl. Be warned: the next person who laments what an awful thing that is to my face may get punched in his/her face. If children are a gift from God, should we really mock what God gives to ourselves or others? Besides people, what do you want us to do - send it back? I asked someone that and Morgan perked up her ears. She was hoping it was a viable option.

The morning we found out about #3, we asked Halle what she thought about another baby. "Sure," she said. We posed the question to Morgan. "I say, NO! Just like that: I SAY NO!"

Willie and I were shocked. We had no idea how much Morgan treasured the position of youngest. We took the girls to the first ultrasound, hoping it would help with the adjustment process. Morgan was in denial: she commented a couple times on what a cute baby elephant it was. When the ultrasound was over, she dissolved into a puddle on the floor and told the tech, "I do NOT want this baby!"

She'll get over it, at least we hope so. In the meantime, we're enjoying having two girls in booster seats who eat solid foods. We left them at an hourly day care center last night for a Valentine's Dinner. Willie asked me what I was most looking forward to about dinner. I told him I was excited about not dealing with poop for a couple hours.

I was right to put this at the top of the enjoyment list. Morgan told the women at the center she needed to use the bathroom and then proceeded to paint herself in the bathroom with... well, you get the idea. Fortunately, the women at the center found the situation humorous rather than a deal breaker. Still, I don't know that they'd be excited to see us coming again.

1 comment:

  1. Great news Kara!! I think we are going to be following in your footsteps ;)

    ReplyDelete