Monday, August 1, 2011

Hold Your Horses

I often tell Halle to hold her horses, which of course means, "be patient". Although I have explained this hidden meaning, I still get colorful responses: "Horses are just animals!", "I don't have any horses", "I can't hold horses!" and, my favorite, "I hate my horses!"

Patience is certainly the most frustrating virtue. That's probably why it is a virtue. Something that hard should receive some kind of recognition. I was reminded of another difficult cliche the other day when I sent Halle inside for time out. While playing with her sister outside, an incident occurred wherein I sent Halle inside for four minutes. When I told her it was okay to return, she didn't hop to the door. I went inside to investigate.

You're not supposed to cry over spilled milk, but I guess it's fine to yell about it. Halle had reached inside the refrigerator, retrieved the milk, and had poured it all over the kitchen table.

Yesterday, during quiet time, it was a little too quiet. So I took a nap. Halle painted her nails. Actually, she painted her feet and hands, but her nails did get covered. Good thing I don't have any horses either; otherwise, I would have to hold them.

No comments:

Post a Comment